I’ve never personally struggled with long-term depression, but I’m thankful for my family and others who have helped me through some discouraging and difficult times. Big emotions and big struggles call for big help, and we should do our part to make sure no one has to go through life’s struggles by themselves. In the last week I’ve heard about three young people who have tragically taken their own lives. My heart goes out to their families and friends, and I hurt for those teens who obviously went through immense emotional pain leading up to this tragedy. I didn’t know those teens, but it does remind me that there are hurting people and deep needs all around us. Let’s take time to notice and do our part to make sure no one ever has to deal with discouragement and depression alone.
Proverbs 18:24 says, “There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.” Some people say that refers to Jesus. I believe it can also mean a close human friendship as well. 2 things are definitely true: Jesus is always there and wants us to come to Him for help, hope, and strength; and we should be Jesus’ hands and feet here on earth, His representatives who are there for each other. I just saw this quote and thought it fit perfectly: “One of the most important responsibilities in the Christian life is to care about others, smile at them, and be a friend to the friendless.”
Let’s be there for each other and always remember that Jesus is bigger than depression and the biggest struggles we face.
Check out more encouragement on social media:
TikTok YouTube Facebook Instagram
