What Happens When We Lose Connection with God? Do We Notice? Do We Care?

 

Sorry for the sweaty picture, but it was fun to try out some AirPods while I mowed the other day. I was impressed that my iPhone would pause if one of the AirPods came out of my ear as I adjusted the ear protectors. AirPods can tell when they’re disconnected and give us the chance to reconnect. 

Years into King David’s reign, he sadly chose to disobey God by numbering the people (God wanted the king to trust Him, not the size of the army). God confronted David, and David set out to fix the disconnect his sin had brought between him and God. He offered a sacrifice to God and insisted on it costing him something. 1 Chronicles 21:23-24 says, “And Ornan said unto David, Take it to thee, and let my lord the king do that which is good in his eyes: lo, I give thee the oxen also for burnt offerings, and the threshing instruments for wood, and the wheat for the meat offering; I give it all. 24 And king David said to Ornan, Nay; but I will verily buy it for the full price: for I will not take that which is thine for the LORD, nor offer burnt offerings without cost.” Salvation is a free gift that gives us a permanent relationship with God if we trust Jesus as our Savior, but a good, right relationship with God will take effort and is worth any cost we need to pay. 


Do we notice when sin disconnects us from God? Are we willing to do what it takes to get back to a right relationship with God?


For more daily encouragement, SUBSCRIBE HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.


Or check out my social media: 


Facebook


Instagram