Some Things Are Worth Waiting for; Others, Not so Much!


S’mores—official food of summer, at least for our family! We have some good times around that fire, and I just wanna take a moment to weigh in on a very important issue: There’s really only one right way to cook a marshmallow: catch it on fire, blow it out, and eat it (or put it on a s’more)! Waiting “forever” for a marshmallow to slowly cook just isn’t worth it in my opinion, but some things are worth a little patience. 


Psalms 27:14 tells us to, “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” It all comes down to Who or what we’re waiting on. I HATE WAITING, but I also never want to miss out on anything God has for me, even if that means patiently “putting up with” some difficult situations or difficult people. Maybe the people who try your patience the most are the ones God is using to grow you the most. Maybe those tough times you desperately want to end are exactly what you need to become more like Jesus. 


We had some long waits before God gave us those two beautiful girls, but I wouldn’t change a thing! It can be hard to have patience with the process God is taking us through, but it’s worth the wait when He’s the One holding the clock and choosing the perfect time for everything.

To see encouraging posts like this every day:

SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram

For more encouragement, also check out Which Direction Am I Even Going?