Sometimes all we can do, all we can wrap our minds around, is the next step. And that’s ok. We don’t have to quit; we don’t have to give up: we simply need to do the next right thing.
I really enjoy writing these posts each day, and I genuinely hope that they are an encouragement. I’ll admit that sometimes I need them way more than anyone else probably does. Today was a rough morning with each of us dealing with different emotions with the loss of Jen’s bother, Jen having Covid and needing to stay separated from us in the house, and all of us trying to just simply keep moving forward. I hope these thoughts will be as helpful to you as they have been to me today:
Judges 8:4 says, “And Gideon came to Jordan, and passed over, he, and the three hundred men that were with him, faint, yet pursuing them.” God was doing something BIG and they had more battle to fight. They couldn’t do it all at once, but they also never had to do it alone. It’s OK to get tired, and it’s OK to feel faint. But by God’s grace let’s keep going, keep pursuing the next step God has for us.
Let’s do the next thing now and allow Him to show us what’s after that. With God, our fears of “what if” can turn into peacefully asking “what’s next” and walking each step with Him.
For more daily encouragement, SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.
Or check out my social media: