I Think It Got Too Close to the Fire!

 

I was outside about a week ago and knew Jen was getting a fire going in our side yard, but neither of us knew that the lighter had fallen into the fire pit! I heard the boom from about 100 feet away…and then the scream! I sprinted over to Jen, and thankfully she was fine…the lighter not so much! 


Proverbs 6:27 says, “Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?” In context, this verse is about sin, specifically lust and adultery, but the illustration applies to any sin. It’s easy to think we won’t get burned, that sin is just a game that we can play and get close to without getting hurt, but the simple fact is that sin hurts us and everyone around us. In Matthew 5:28, Jesus shows where this issue really starts: “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.” Lust is wrong, whether it’s acted on or stays in our minds. 


If you don’t want a lighter to explode, you’d better keep it away from fire; and if we aren’t going to sin, we need to stay far away, even in our own hearts and minds.

For another post that "explodes" with encouragement (cheesy, I know!), check out It’s about to Blow!!!

To see encouraging posts like this every day:

SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram