I Think I’m Going about This All Wrong!

Golf cart for the win?!? It’s been great getting to use this golf cart for the last several days. A family in our church brought it here to help with an outdoor wedding last weekend and has given me permission to drive it while they’re away. I was in charge of sound for the wedding and got to use the golf cart to carry a lot of equipment to the field. Funny thing was, it only helped when I turned it on and let it do the heavy lifting.🤔


In Matthew 11:28, Jesus encourages us to “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Getting ready for the wedding, I was smart enough to use the golf cart to help carry the equipment, but more often than I’d like to admit, I try to carry all my problems and worries and burdens myself. Or if I do give them to Jesus, I try to take them back or still try to do the heavy lifting and worry about my needs instead of getting in and enjoying the ride with Him. 


I could try as hard as I want to and still not be able to lift that golf cart. Or I could get in and let it carry me and the equipment easily. How often do we let worries pile up instead of giving our burdens to Jesus and resting in His perfect plan?


For more about getting rid of worry, check out What’s Weighing You Down?


To see encouraging posts like this every day:

SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram