Some Things Can’t Be Avoided, But They Don’t Have to Mess Us Up


I enjoy mowing and being outside…but I burn easily in the sun and like my ears to work properly (at least when I’m not mowing!). Thankfully I can protect myself, even with a Chick-Fil-A sandwich wrapper—Jen laughed at me for that one (not sure why 😏🤔), but my head was getting hot and my hat was back on the mower! It’s great to be in the sun and on the mower with  some things to protect my ears and pale Irish skin!


In John 17:15, Jesus said, “I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.” Jesus didn’t want God the Father to take Christians out of the world yet but instead wanted us to be protected from evil while we witness and work for our Savior. In this world we will be around people who hate God, try to take advantage of us, and are just simply unkind sometimes, and God wants to protect us, even if we’re right in the middle of it all. 


You can’t really see my headphones, but I love to listen to uplifting Christian music or a good Christian podcast while I mow, and those ear protectors not only keep OUT the noise from the lawn mower, they also keep IN the good audio. I can easily “tune out” the sound of the mower by focusing on the music. God wants to help keep us in the world while keeping the world out of us. Let’s keep the bad influences out of our hearts and minds  while soaking up so much of God’s love that we can spread it to everyone around us.


If you enjoyed this post, check out "You Can’t Have a Rainbow without Some Clouds and Rain" for more encouragement. 


Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram