I’ve been told I look just like him…Chuck Norris, not the horse! I didn’t make the comparison, but I didn’t argue with it either! 😏 Several years ago on a missions trip, I bought that hat in Juarez, Mexico, put it on, and was told that I looked like Chuck Norris. I put the hat back on the other day so the girls and I could all look like “farmers.”
We might not be able to control who we look like, but we can work on who we act like. Philippians 3:17 says, “Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.”
How could the Apostle Paul feel right encouraging others to follow him? Because he knew which way he was going. In verse 14, he made that clear: “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” Paul knew he was far from perfect, but he also knew that he was following the One Who is perfect. He constantly wanted to do his part to help others become more like Jesus. It’s encouraging to have the right people to follow. We may or may not ever look like them physically, but we can grow together with them spiritually.
I love the word “ensample.” It might’ve looked like a typo since we don’t really use that word anymore, but it means an example from within your life, someone you know and can look at closely. I’m grateful for the amazing biblical example of my wife who loves our girls and helps them become more like Jesus.
Who are you trying to live like? Who’s trying to live just like you? Which way are you leading them?
For more encouragement about reaching others, check out this post "Invite People to Join You"
To see more daily encouragement:
SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media:
