It Won’t Help You If You Just Ignore It

 

We’ve had that exercise bike and treadmill for YEARS, and they’ve barely done me any good AT ALL! That’s the funny thing about exercise equipment: If you ignore it, it doesn’t do you much good!


As a follower of Jesus, my mind has been on the events of the Passion Week lately where Jesus paid the ultimate price for our salvation, and today I’ve been thinking about the Last Supper as it’s often called. Luke 22:19-20 says, “And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.” Jesus was about to go to the cross and give His life, shedding His blood for our sins, and I love the pictures provided for us in the Lord’s Supper. One phrase that jumps out to me is “this do in remembrance of me.” Communion services are a special time to remind us what Jesus did, and we can also take time to remember and be impacted by Jesus every day. 


Jesus died for EVERYONE, but not everyone is impacted by His sacrifice, only those who accept His offer of salvation. Many know what He did for them but ignore it. Exercise equipment does no good if it just sits there, and Jesus will never impact your life until you invite Him in!


How is Jesus’ death impacting your life? If you’ve accepted Him as your Savior, are you also letting Him direct your daily life? He sacrificed everything for you; what are you willing to sacrifice for Him?

Check out another fun post about Jesus!

To see encouraging posts like this every day:

SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram