Encouragement for When Life Is Swirling All around You

That was a crazy little April snow storm we had yesterday! We enjoy watching these killdeer and were amazed at how calm things were for the nest, even with the storm blowing all around. 


I doubt that the baby birds even realized that it was snowing, and they probably didn’t even realize I came walking toward them! They can rest right in the middle of a snowstorm because mama bird’s got them covered. 


Psalms 17:8 asks God to, “Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings.” We can relax even when life is swirling all around us because God protects us—He’s got us covered! 


As I got closer to the nest, mama killdeer ran off! I know they instinctively do this to protect their nest by leading predators away (and I didn’t get too close), but our Heavenly Father can protect us from any attacker or trouble while always staying with us. Hebrews 13:5 says that God “will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” We can keep going because God is with us. 


Last night Jen and I got to explain to the girls the meaning of one of the best words in all of the Bible: Abba! For those of you stuck in the 70s, I’m not talking about a band! Abba is Hebrew for daddy, a wonderful word that shows love and closeness. Romans 8:15 says that as Christians, we “have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.” He’s almighty God, Creator of the universe, and He’s our Heavenly Father Who loves us even more than any earth dad ever could! 


Even when the hectic pace of life is swirling all around us, we can rest in the fact that God’s got everything under control, and He. Loves. Us. 

Check out more on how God protects us!

To see encouraging posts like this every day:

SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram