I love singing with my family, especially songs that worship our Savior! We had the privilege of singing in church on Sunday; feel free to catch it on live stream, but fair warning: I did sing and they even let me use a mic! 😏
We’ve always enjoyed singing, often in the car while listening to fun kids songs. Hearing the kids sing is fun, but hearing them take song lyrics a bit too literally make me laugh out loud sometimes!
When we first played “The Farmer in the Dell” for Brooklyn and Addison, they liked it and sang along, but when it came to the line, “The farmer takes a wife” Addison was very concerned. With fear in her voice, she asked, “Why did the farmer TAKE a wife?” We assured her that no kidnapping was involved, but it’s funny how easy it is for people to misunderstand something good.
Those who haven’t accepted Jesus as their Savior will often be confused by how we live and what we care most about. What we are doing is good, but they don’t get how awesome our Savior is. 1 Peter 2:9 describes Christians this way: “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.”
Instead of getting offended or upset, let’s help people see what we see: that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, that He really is the only way a person can be saved (John 14:6).
Here’s one more thing Lundys love to do together: eat tacos! I used to really like Taco Bell; a few soft tacos and some hot salsa packets and I was set. Then we lived in Texas for a year and a half and had amazing tacos everywhere (I still miss that one food truck!). I realized there was something WAY better than Taco Bell. If your friends don’t get why you go to church EVERY WEEK, won’t talk like you used to, and keep telling them about Jesus, that’s ok. Just keep helping them see that Jesus is WAY BETTER.
To see encouraging posts like this every day:
SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: