Can You Palm a Basketball?

Minutes after this picture of me about to dunk (or at least try to!), I got a call from Philadelphia and joked that it was the 76ers offering me a spot in the NBA! Imagine my disappointment when it was a scam call about some sort of fake insurance! Well actually the hoop was all the way down…and I can’t palm a basketball so I had my other hand holding the ball up from underneath 🤦‍♂️


Maybe you’ve never cared if you could hold onto a basketball, but have you ever felt like it was up to you to hold onto all the pieces of your life and keep them from falling apart? 


God is able to hold EVERYTHING in His hand. Isaiah 40:12 says, “Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?” A “span” is the distant across your hand from your pinky to the end of your thumb, and God is able to “palm” all of heaven with the span of His hand! We aren’t always able to hold it all together, but we don’t have to. God’s got it!


The next time you feel like your world is falling apart, remember what Colossians 1:17 says about Jesus: “And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” Everything consists (or holds together) because Jesus holds it together. He really does have “the whole world in His hands.”


For more hope when you get knocked down, check this out!


To see encouraging posts like this every day:

SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram