Sometimes You Don't Realize What You Need!

 

Jen shared this picture this morning and it got me thinking: sometimes you really need a beard and just haven’t realized it yet! That may not apply to everyone, but I’m glad that Jen talked me into growing a goatee and then a full beard in the years after this picture (and that I don’t constantly look like I’m 15 anymore even though I was 24 when Jen’s mom took this picture!). Sometimes it takes a little help to realize what we really need. 

Matthew 5:6 says, “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.” A beard helped my face (at least by hiding some of it 
😏), but our deepest needs will always go unmet until we look to God for the answers. We can try a bunch of other things, but will never be filled and find true purpose and hope and meaning apart from God. We all need His perfect righteousness to be saved, and it’s ours when we accept Jesus’ offer of salvation. As Christians, we won’t be perfect, but we will find purpose and meaning by living the lifestyle God has in mind for us. Let’s recognize our need for God, His plan, and His righteousness and go after it with a strong desire, a hunger and thirst that keeps us growing more like our Savior each day. 

Some Extra Bible Reading I Try to Do Each Day

Psalm 13:1 How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me? Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved. But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.