Easily the worst sledding injury I’ve ever seen! The girls and I (and some others) have done a bunch of sledding in the last couple weeks which has been a blast but has also made the hill very rough and bumpy. Brooklyn and Addison talked Jen into coming sledding with us yesterday, and the first ride went great. The second one…not so much! She was injured making sure Addison didn’t get hurt, amd she’s ok. And I wanted to share some pretty cool answers to prayer we saw along the way.
1 Chronicles 16:11 says, “Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually.” I used to think of prayer as something I had to do, a job or duty to be completed, checked off the list. But prayer is amazing because God is awesome! After Jen got hurt, I hurried home to get the car but couldn’t find the keys. I was frustrated and looking everywhere, and then I decided to simply ask God to help me find them…and I did, literally a second after I said Amen! William Temple said, “When I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don't, they don't.” He got it: it’s not coincidences; it’s God!
We prayed and drove to the urgent care in Raphine to get an x-ray, but it was closed. Then we drove to Staunton to another urgent care: also closed. So we went to Chick Fil A for lunch (always a good decision in my opinion!). There, we “just happened” to end up talking to an employee who told us about another nearby urgent care that was open! Jen got the care she needed, and praise God for no broken bones (just a seriously amazing bruise!). God is amazing! Prayer works!
I’m also reminded of God’s goodness in blessing us with Brooklyn. Today she turns 6, and I still remember how we “just happened” to move halfway around the country to serve in Texas years ago. We “just happened” to meet church members who “just happened” to know of a young lady looking to make an adoption plan for her soon-to-be-born daughter. We were praying about another child, and God worked yet again to give us Brooklyn! Let’s be excited to pray!
Some Extra Bible Reading I Try to Do Each Day
Psalm 12:1 Help, Lord; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men. 2 They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak. 3 The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things: 4 Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us? 5 For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. 6 The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. 8 The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.