Where are you looking?

I’m still a little dizzy sometimes from a week on our cruise ship, but I think finally getting caught up on rest will help. I’ve also noticed it’s much better when I look up at where I’m going instead of looking down and focusing on each step. 


Ezekiel‬ ‭2‬:‭7‬ ‭says, “And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.”

‭‭

Wow, tough job for Ezekiel! God told him to speak the truth to Jerusalem no matter how they responded. Time after time, step after step, Ezekiel was rejected. That could’ve ended his willingness to obey and keep speaking truth. But I think Ezekiel was able to keep going in part because he stayed focused on what mattered most: Obeying God. 


Some steps in our journey with Jesus will be difficult, and circumstances can get absolutely dizzying at times. But we can keep going if we keep looking up to Jesus and to the hope and purpose and relationship He gives us.