Back on solid ground and I still feel like I’m rocking on the ship!

 

It just feels like something’s wrong! We’re spending a little time in Vancouver before flying home, and land no longer feels normal. 


I guess my balance and equilibrium may take a bit to get used to being back on land!


We were on the ship most of the past week, and it’s all in what you get used to I guess. 


Sometimes we have to force ourselves to get used to a new normal, some good things that might take time to build but are worthwhile. 


Paul described his efforts to build and keep Godly habits like this: 


“I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” (1 Corinthians 9:26-27)


It takes effort to form the right habits, the right “new normal” but it’s worth it when those things help us follow Jesus better.  


Maybe you aren’t used to living for Jesus in some area of your life or used to saying no to wrong desires right now. But you could get there with Jesus’ help. 


Wouldn’t it be great if we automatically felt like something is wrong every time we stopped living for Jesus?!? That’s something we should get used to.