Don’t quit too soon

I share a lot of selfies to illustrate devotionals, but this one’s probably the sweatiest! Sorry! But I had just gotten done with a run. 


I’ve been trying to build up to longer runs lately, and my last long run attempt before today was awful. Miserable and unsuccessful. But this one was the best I’ve felt running in a while. I ran farther than my goal and had fun. 


Before today’s run, I was close to giving up on running. I’m glad I gave it one more shot. 


Revelation 12:10 described Satan as “the accuser of our brethren”


Satan wants to find fault with us and push us down no matter what…but Jesus wants to help us get back up no matter what. 


1 John 2:1 says, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:”


Don’t quit too soon. 


Keep going one more step. Get back up if you’ve fallen. Share your faith another time. Get back to reading your Bible again. 


If you’re going a good direction, the right direction, keep going.