Watch where you’re going!


Jen and I have enjoyed some good running on our new roads in PA. She called me yesterday after she’d already run a 5k! I’m proud of her for a great run, and the next thing I know she busted out laughing. She was walking by a local campground, enjoying the view and walked right into that pole😳. Thankfully she wasn’t hurt and found it funny enough to take a picture for me to use!


Jen was distracted by the good, but so often I’m guilty of the opposite. 

Sadly I can let the bad or the difficult distract me from the good. It sometimes takes a spiritual “wack on the head” to get back to enjoying the good instead of complaining.


Joshua 23:6-7 says, “Be ye therefore very courageous to keep and to do all that is written in the book of the law of Moses, that ye turn not aside therefrom to the right hand or to the left; 7 That ye come not among these nations, these that remain among you; neither make mention of the name of their gods, nor cause to swear by them, neither serve them, nor bow yourselves unto them:” Verse 10 says, “One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.”


There were still more battles to fight and the same commandments to obey. 


They had more work to do, but it meant more opportunities to see God provide.  


Today I knew I’d get to spend time with my family and do some great ministry outreach and prep. But I honestly struggled to enjoy any of it at first because I kept thinking of all I HAD to do. Thankfully the Holy Spirit kept challenging me to look at what I GET to do and to find enjoyment in those things. 


We can choose to see the things in our lives as blessings or burdens, and each of those perspectives brings very different results.