If you had to give up one for the rest of the year, which would you pick?


Bacon or sausage? Some of you are probably really healthy and stay away from both, but I’d have a hard time giving up either!

Leviticus 11 includes a lot of principles for what to eat and not eat.  

Have you ever tried to read through your Bible and come to some of those chapters (especially in the Old Testament) that are a little tough to read and don’t seem to have anything to do with us in 2024? 

Thankfully, all of God’s Word is for our benefit and is relevant to our lives today. 


Leviticus‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭says, “‬‬And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.”

‭‭

I’m glad we’re not responsible for the Old Testament dietary restrictions (I like bacon!), but I wonder if the Israelites questioned God’s restrictions, rules, and goodness as much as we do sometimes. 


I’ve heard that these dietary restrictions did in fact lead to health eating. I’m still not ready to give up bacon, but I hope to always be ready to trust that God’s plan is best even if I don’t like or understand every part of it. 


Anything God tells us to give up means He has something even better in store for us.