How to thrive even when others wilt


That one rose did a lot better than those other ones, and I’m proud of how well my beautiful wife is handling all the stress of packing and getting ready for us to move.

We can thrive and not wilt by remembering that we have an amazing purpose, a high calling. We don’t have to blend in. We get to live holy lives for God! 

Leviticus‬ ‭19‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ says, “And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.”

To be holy means to be separate, set apart, dedicated. If Jesus is our Savior, those things are true of us. The key is to remember them each moment, decision, up and down of each day. 

Leviticus‬ ‭19‬:‭36b‬-‭37‬ ‭says, “‬‬I am the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt. Therefore shall ye observe all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: I am the LORD.”

They had a lot to be thankful for and a lot of reason to live for God after He rescued them from Egyptian slavery. If God has rescued you from an eternity in hell, you have even more to be thankful for.