Do you have a motto for your life?


I get what the hotel is going for with that decor (and I did enjoy a cup of coffee!). But before we wrap our lives up in trying to “eat, drink, and be merry” we might want to check out where that expression comes from. 


It’s actually in the Bible…from a guy in one of Jesus’ parables who thought he had all the time in the world to live for himself, but his life was about to end. 


Luke 12:19-21 says, “And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”


Maybe not the best life-motto after all!


Thinking it’s all about us, all about now, all about making ourselves happy, never works for long. 


It’s been said that “People who are satisfied only with the things that money can buy are in great danger of losing the things that money cannot buy.”


I don’t really have a unique one-sentence motto or purpose statement for my life, but I hope every single day shows that I’m living for God not myself and that I care more about eternal things than temporary things.