The secret to enjoying the journey even when the way gets rough



The road crews have done a great job clearing our road throughout our recent snowstorms, but I’m glad I’ve gotten to stay home a lot recently. 


Are you the person who absolutely HAS to get out of the house and go somewhere every day or every couple days? 


Or maybe you just want to hurry up and get to the destination right away when you’re on a trip. I’m okay spending a long time on the journey as long as there’s fun stuff along the way. 


One key to enjoying the journey through life is to realize our eternal destination is a whole lot more important than every little bump along the way right now. 


Genesis‬ ‭47‬:‭9‬ says, “And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage.”


Jacob had some major ups and downs in his life and yet comes to the end with his faith (and sanity) intact. I think part of his “secret” is found in the word pilgrimage. He seems to have realized that this life isn’t our final destination.