Finding God in the middle of tragedy

Whether it’s the loss of a loved one or something else, I’m sure we can all relate to tragedy. 

So could Job in the Bible. 


But Job found hope right in the middle of his tragedy even before his circumstances changed.  


Job 19:25-27 says, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: 26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: 27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.”


3 sources of hope Job found right here in the middle of tragedy:


Job knew salvation comes from God. We have a Redeemer! On your worst day, you can always remember how much God loves you and how valuable you are to Him. 


Job knew that there is life after death. This life isn’t all there is. Even when tragedy hits, there’s hope for the future in this life and the next. 


As Christians, we will spend eternity in God’s presence, and His presence is available to us right here, right now, even in the middle of tragedy.