Does it really???

Seriously, how long does it take you to get hungry again after eating a candy bar? Probably not very long. 


I’ve been trying to eat less sugar (trying, but not always succeeding!). But I’ve noticed something: If I eat good stuff, the right stuff, it satisfies me better and for longer than junk food ever could. 


Isaiah 55:2 asks, “Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.”


The Bible does agree that there are “pleasures of sin for a season” (Hebrews 11:25), but both the Bible and common sense prove that those pleasures never last long and can’t really ever satisfy us. 


Isaiah 55:6 offers the right solution: “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:”


The more junk food I eat, the more junk food I want no matter how bad it is for me. Sadly, the more other things we turn to besides God, the easier it’ll be to never turn to God. Much better to turn to Him today so He can truly satisfy our deepest longings and deepest needs. 

 Check out more encouragement:

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram

To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com