How do you respond when something doesn’t go your way?


I’ll admit that this is more of an “after” picture, but I was really proud of how my girls responded. They’d gotten themselves in some trouble for having bad attitudes. After correcting them, I headed outside to rake up some grass only to hear, “Daddy, can I come help you?” The three of us had a great time working together. I wish I could say I responded that well every time something doesn’t go my way! 


We can choose to respond with a good attitude to everything that happens to us because God wants to use everything that happens to us to make us more like Jesus. 


Romans 8:28-29 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.” Anything that makes us more like Jesus is worth it. 


So the next time something doesn’t go your way, look for how God wants to use it to make you more like Jesus. Our response can make us soft and moldable or hard and angry. 


 Check out more encouragement:

To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com