Coincidence? I Don’t Think So!

 


I gave up recently on posting devotionals on a dads group on Facebook. I didn’t seem to be reaching anyone and it didn’t seem worth it. Then yesterday I “just happened” to get this message from a group member: “I know I’m late to the party but love the devotionals brother.” 


I put some devotionals into a book and soon thought it was done reaching anyone; then a college friend I hadn’t talked to in years “just happened” to reach out and get 10!


It didn’t just happen! IT WAS GOD! God is good, and I don’t have enough “faith” to believe that it’s random coincidences. Those are a couple simple examples, but we could probably all share a lot more times when God masterfully worked everything out! 


Ruth 2:2-3 says, “And Ruth the Moabitess said unto Naomi, Let me now go to the field, and glean ears of corn after him in whose sight I shall find grace. And she said unto her, Go, my daughter. And she went, and came, and gleaned in the field after the reapers: and her hap was to light on a part of the field belonging unto Boaz, who was of the kindred of Elimelech.” You can read the short  book of Ruth for the whole amazing story of how she and Boaz ended up getting married in one of the most amazing, beautiful stories in the Bible, a story that illustrates not just human love but also God’s amazing love.  But I hope it’s obvious that she didn’t “just happen” to end up in just the right place at just the right time. God’s fingerprints are all over her story working everything together for good. God loved her so much that she got eternal salvation and was handpicked to become a part of Jesus’ earthly lineage as well. 


And God loves you that much as well! It’s been said that “when I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don’t pray, they don’t happen.” Obviously it’s God, not coincidence. Will you talk to Him about what you need right now? 


Check out more encouragement:

To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com