You Gotta Dig in to Get to the Good Stuff

Take some snacks, candy, and even a small toy, wrap them up in layer after layer of plastic wrap, hand it off and say go! Fun group game and also fun to watch Addison’s excitement as she got to each new thing. One thing is clear: you gotta dig in to get all the good stuff out. Just looking at it from the outside would be boring!


Jesus has a ton of good stuff for each of us, but we gotta dig in to enjoy it. Luke 8:43-45 says, “And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, 44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. 45 And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?” Many bumped into Jesus; she received a miracle because she reached out to Him in faith, expecting Him to respond. Most of the people there missed out because they never dug into all that Jesus had to offer. 


There’s a big difference between “bumping into Jesus” and seeking Him out. A lot of people were hanging out with Jesus, but this woman reached out to Him for help. It’s easy for us to read the Bible or come to church with those different attitudes as well. 


It’s easy to think, “I never get anything out of my Bible reading! I might as well give it up.” But I’ve learned that when I read my Bible expecting to hear from Jesus, I do. Not in some mystical way, but usually a verse or 2 will jump out to me and be exactly what I need for that day. 


We might think, “Church is boring!” But I’ve been a part of churches with different preachers and music styles. I’ve found that my opinion of a church service has more to do with my heart than anything else. 


You gotta dig in to get to the good stuff! Have you ever come to Jesus? Have you come to Him for your needs today? 

Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com