That’s My Name on There!


I don’t know what’s in those packages, and I almost don’t care! I’m sure my family got me some great gifts, but just knowing they thought of me and took the time to get me something means a lot! It’s fun to see my name on a present! Do you care more about the presents you get or the people who love you enough to get you something? I’ve been on both sides of that before! It’s easy to get caught up in stuff and miss the point. 


In everyday life, it’s also easy to miss the point, to get so caught up in what we have or what we accomplish that we overlook the most important reality. In Luke 10, Jesus sends out 70 people to share the message of hope and salvation. He gives them the power they’ll need, even power over Satan and demons. They come back to Jesus blown away by what they were able to accomplish, and I love the perspective Jesus gives in Luke 10:19-20:  “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.” Have you trusted Jesus as your personal Savior? That’s the most important thing that could ever be true about you! 


It’s still easy today to get caught up in ourselves instead of what matters most. Maybe you have it all, or maybe you have almost nothing. Maybe your trophy case is full of accomplishments, or maybe you just want people to notice you and God to use you in some way, ANY way. No matter what, the greatest thing that can be true about you is that your name is written in heaven. If it is, you are a son or daughter of the King, and you can guarantee He has an amazing purpose for your life and wants to accomplish great things through you. 

Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com