Tell Me Where You’re from without Telling Me Where You’re from



Shoofly bread was a new one for me, but If you know what a shoofly pie is, you might be from Pennsylvania. If you usually refer to your state by only 2 letters, you’re probably from PA! Maybe your accent or knowledge of local stuff gives away where you’re from. I personally like whoopie pies and Lenonon bologna better than a shoofly pie, but I’m proud to be from PA and glad to be up here with family. There are a lot of ways to tell that I’m from Pennsylvania, and I hope that spiritually there are a lot of ways to tell that I live for Jesus. 


Matthew 26:71-73 says, “And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth. 72 And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man. 73 And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.” Peter couldn’t hide that he was a follower of Jesus. I’m sure he regretted denying Jesus and trying to hide his true identity for years after that night, but it was obvious that Perter was a Jesus-follower. People saw Peter with Jesus and many also saw how much Peter’s life had changed once he placed his faith in the Savior. Obviously Peter really blew it that horrible night, but in general, his life clearly said “I live for Jesus.” What do our lives say about us?

Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com