Thanksgiving Part 1: I’m thankful that the Bible has a lot to say for our lives…even when our lives make it difficult to find time to read it!


One thing you should know about my daughters: they get hungry every. single. day. 😏 That morning wasn’t actually quite this hectic, but it felt like it! I did get to sit and read my Bible and didn’t get pancake batter all over it, but I’m sure we’ve all had times where a whole lot of “life” comes up right when we’re trying to spend time with God. 


Instead of getting upset that life sometimes gets in the way of Bible reading, let’s look to the Bible for our lives, even if it takes a couple tries to get through our reading for the day. 

The Bible isn’t an interruption to our real lives; it’s the encouragement and guidance we need for every part of our lives.


Yesterday morning I was trying to take care of my daughters and wife who are sick, but I made sure I read the Bible. And I’m glad I did because God gave me just what I needed. I read Deuteronomy 18:2 that says, “Therefore shall they have no inheritance among their brethren: the LORD is their inheritance, as he hath said unto them.” The Levites were God’s servants who trusted Him for their daily needs. It was ok that they didn’t get an earthly inheritance because God took care of them and offered an eternal inheritance. What a great thought for us as well! This doesn’t have to be our “best life now” because the best is yet to come! 


That’s just the kind of verse I needed on a hectic, “real-life” morning. It’s worth getting up earlier, staying up later, finding quiet moments, working around interruptions, or doing whatever we need to do to make sure we connect with our Savior each day! 

Check out more encouragement: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


To learn how you can begin a relationship with Jesus, check out whatdoUwonder com


Check out my new book Daily Devotions at the Speed of Life on Amazon.com or by clicking here.