Who’s Hungry?

 

A bunch of junk food


Snack time! Ok, not really, but I did let the girls each pick ONE snack to eat (We feed them healthy food, I promise! 😬). Junk food never fills you up properly. Millions of Americans lack properly nutritious food. My heart definitely goes out to those who can’t afford enough to eat (and I know many parts of the world are far worse off than America), but it’s also concerning that many Americans have plenty of food, just not the right food. It’s possible to have plenty and still be starving for the good stuff we need, and that’s true for more than just food. 


Amos 8:11 says, “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.”  Because of their rejection of God, these people would realize just what they were missing. It’s easy to think that physical hunger would be the worst thing, but a lot of people have full bellies and empty hearts. We constantly hear different messages and opinions, but what we need is the Word of God.


I love the promise in John 6:35: “And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” Jesus is the only One Who can satisfy our deepest needs, our deepest hunger, the longing of our souls. 


Check out more encouragement on social media: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


Or click here to subscribe to daily encouragement by email.