I DON’T Like Rollercoasters, But I Do Love My Daughter!

 


Yes, Addison and I did get on that rollercoaster; and yes, that is us upside down in that loop! We had a great day at Hersheypark yesterday! Addison talked me into riding  2 rollercoasters that I otherwise would not have (seriously, that kid is fearless when it comes to rides! 😬). Because I love my daughter, I was able to overcome my fear. 


1 John 4:18 says, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear.” This world can be scary! We can choose whether or not we get on a rollercoaster at an amusement park but often can’t avoid the rollercoaster of life’s physical, financial, and emotional ups and downs. And spiritual ups and downs are very real as well even if we don’t always talk about them. One way to stay strong is to remember Jesus’ perfect love for us. His love is growing in us as we become more and more like Him, and  His perfect love can keep us going no matter what. When we’re discouraged by past mistakes, we can keep going because of His forgiveness. When stress is about to overwhelm us right now, we can rest in the fact that He’s right there with us. And when the uncertainty of the future scares us so badly that we don’t even want to get out of bed, we can be motivated by the fact that Jesus already has a perfect plan…and we’re on His side! 


I still felt a bit scared on the twists and turns of those rollercoasters, but I climbed on because I love Addison  and she wanted me to go with her. Because of Jesus’ love for us and our love for Him, we can step into the next part of His plan and keep going with Him. 


Check out more encouragement by connecting with me on social media:


TikTok

YouTube 


Facebook


Instagram