Is That a Murder Hornet?!?

I found those dead bugs and my first thought was that the big one sure looked like a murder hornet! After showing it to couple people we found out that it’s thankfully not a murder hornet, but it still seems kinda tough to remember all the crazy stuff we’re supposed to watch out for right now!


In 2 Samuel 10, several nations joined together to fight Israel, and things weren’t looking good. It wasn’t viruses and killer bees, but it was several armies coming against them all at once. In verse 12, military leader Joab said, “Be of good courage, and let us play the men for our people, and for the cities of our God: and the LORD do that which seemeth him good.” He basically told the soldiers to step up because God was with them. They did, and God gave them a great victory. 


How can we keep going, keep stepping up, even when problems keep coming at us from all directions? We can remember that God is with us and remember the purpose He has for our lives. The Apostle Paul also faced a lot of challenges, and in Acts 20:24, he said, “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy.” 


No murder hornet, covid virus, monkey pox, inflation, crazy gas prices, or whatever comes next can sideline us from serving God…unless we let it. 


If we look for an excuse to quit, we’ll probably find one, but if we’re looking for a reason to continue, a purpose that’s worth fighting for, God has one for us. 

To see encouraging posts like this every day:

SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram