What’s the Best Kind of Lemonade?

We tried all 3 kinds of lemonade, and it’s almost a tie. Addison and Jen liked the homemade lemonade best, Brooklyn liked the Dole, and I liked the Chick-Fil-A best. To me, Chick-Fil-A is best lemonade around because it’s really lemony and not too sweet or watered-down, but I wanted to take it a step further. Being a science nerd, we pH tested each lemonade to see which one is the strongest. I think the Chick-Fil-A came in the strongest (other than the straight lemon juice!) and the Dole, with only 3% juice, came in dead last…Brooklyn liked it, but to me it’s so diluted it’s not very good. 


For me the best kind of lemonade is the undiluted kind, and that’s also the best kind of Christianity!


Galatians 2:20 says, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.” As Christians, we have God living in us, and He wants to impact other people through our lives as well. The best thing I can hope for is that God and His love would flow through me and help and encourage everyone around me. And that’s exactly what will happen as long as we don’t dilute the power of God living in us. If we try to live our own way or add sin into the mix, the results will be “watered down” at best. If Jesus is only a part of our life a few minutes a day or a couple times a week, the result won’t be strong. 


What’s the worst kind of lemonade? Any of it that’s gotten watered down. If your relationship with God has gotten diluted, spend some extra time getting things right and drawing close to Him today. It’s worth it! 


For more daily encouragement, SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram