Not. Every. Single. Day!!!

For the past several years I have enjoyed reading Pastor Paul Chappell’s Daily in the Word devotional each morning as part of my devotions. His writing is practical and enjoyable and helps me get my mind going the right direction for the day. I remember saying a year or two ago that I don’t know how he writes that devotion every day and thinking that there’s NO WAY I could ever do that. And honestly I was absolutely right. And then God led me to start writing a devotion post like this one each day, but the difference now was He was the one enabling me to do it, not me trying to do it in my own strength. No matter what the challenge is, every day is do-able when God’s help comes every day. 


Joshua 23:10 describes what it’s like to do hard things with God on your side: “One man of you shall chase a thousand: for the LORD your God, he it is that fighteth for you, as he hath promised you.”


I know in context this is talking about 1,000 enemies in battle but I think the principle can also apply to 1,000 things on a to do list or 1,000 little bumps along the road or 1,000 interpersonal conflicts. God is big enough to help us do whatever He calls us to do. 


So if God is calling you to do something, don’t worry how you’ll get it done. Trust that He has it all worked out ahead of time. 


For more daily encouragement, SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram