Look at This!


I had the privilege of preaching in an end-of-the-year school program the other day and wanted an hourglass for an object lesson. I hopped on Amazon and found this fun one for a great price, but what amazed me most about it was the package it came in. The company wants people to be so excited about their products that they also put it in an impressive package that made me even more excited to look inside. 

That’s what Christians should do too—make people WANT to take a closer look at our faith and our Savior!


A story from the Old Testament illustrates this point really well. Back in Moses’ day, the people had sinned and God sent snakes as a consequence. God told Moses to make a metal snake, put it up on a pole, and have everyone look at it. If they looked at the snake they would be healed. I don’t know about you but I hate snakes! After I had looked and been healed I would’ve run around telling EVERYONE to look, look, LOOK!


The snake-on-a-pole symbol has become a logo in modern medicine and Jesus applied the story this way: “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:14-15). Jesus was lifted up on the cross and put to death to pay for our sins and offer us salvation. The salvation that Jesus offers is even better than relief from a deadly snake bite. As scary and even deadly as those snakes were, facing an eternity in hell is far scarier. If Jesus has saved us, we should tell everyone we can AND live in such a way that we help people be excited to look to the One we believe in. 


If a simple package can make me excited to see what’s inside, imagine the impact we can have if we tell people what Jesus has done for us! 


Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram