If We Think We Have It All Together, We Don’t!

Addison’s coordination has always amazed me! Whether it’s on a trampoline or at a playground, she is sure-footed and graceful. She willingly tried my silly idea of walking in flippers after we had played around with them in our pool (probably to stop me from trying and hurting myself!🤔). She did really well, but just like most of us, the moment she thought she had it was the moment right before she fell.

Proverbs 16:18 warms us that, “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.” You could say that my example is ridiculous and that you’d never do something as silly as trying to walk with flippers on, but we’re all even sillier when we think we don’t need God or we start focusing only on ourselves.  


How many people fall right after saying something like, “I got this! I don’t need any help!” And how often do we fall into sin (or jump head-first into sin) right after we convince ourselves that we’ve got everything under control? 


1 Corinthians 10:12 gives this caution: “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.” Let’s stay humble and keep depending on God’s help every moment of every day…and maybe save the snorkel gear for the water! 


Check out more daily encouragement by SUBSCRIBING HERE to get daily encouragement emailed to you.

Or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram

For a little extra encouragement when life is knocking you down, check out this post: "When Life Gives You Lemons…"