Be Prepared

 

These are a couple things I always carry with me. Pastor John gave me this Leatherman a couple years ago, and I use it several times a day for different things. My brother in law Glenn gave me what has become known as the “nerd pen,” and I gotta admit, it’s fun (and helpful) to have a level and precision screwdriver set with me wherever I go (and I’m honestly not sure if my friends think I’m nerdy, the pen is nerdy, or both! 🤔). 


Even if you don’t like gadgets as much as I do, God’s Word is one tool we all need to carry with us every day.  2 Peter 1:3 says, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue.” God gives us everything we need to live the Christian life, and a lot of that help comes through His Word. So how often do you read the Bible? Are there days when you simply leave that “tool” on the shelf and don’t have anything from it to carry with you? 


2 Timothy 3:16 says that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” Not just the parts we like, but all of it! 


If I ever forget my pen or my Leatherman, you can almost guarantee I’ll need them before the day is over, and if we skip our Bible reading, those might be the exact verses, the exact tools we needed for that day. 


Read more about being properly prepared here.

To see encouraging posts like this every day:

SUBSCRIBE HERE or check out my social media: 

Facebook

Instagram