Who’s Your Camera Pointed at?

 

I hate selfies! Seems like I can’t ever get the angle right and I’m always looking the wrong way (seriously, I thought I was looking straight at the camera, not off to the side!). 


I may not be good at taking selfies, but it’s convicting to think how often my focus is on myself and not those around me. Philippians 2:3 says, “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.” The 2 pictures are from the same spot, just front camera and back camera. Off in the distance, you might be able to see Interstate 81. A lot of people hate that road because of accidents, traffic backups, and what seems like way too many 18-wheelers. But apparently about 50,000 vehicles travel on 81 in Virginia EACH DAY! You can also see Route 11 where hundreds travel right past my house daily. Whether it’s the interstate, family, classmates, friends, or strangers in Walmart, we are surrounded by other people every day. Do we take even a moment to think about them, their needs, whether they’ve ever heard about Jesus or been invited to church, how they might be hurting or going through a rough time? It’s WAY TOO EASY to think about just ourselves, but there’s a whole world of people if we’ll be willing to flip our view around. So who’s your camera pointed at? Who are you most focused on?