Is Quitting an Option?



Five years ago…and again today! I’m posting this before the run starts, so definitely no new medal yet (pray for me! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ). I’m not trying to compete, just to finish, but I’ve learned that half the battle is mental—will I spend the whole run deciding whether or not I’m gonna quit early if I get tired? Or will I take quitting off the table and eliminate it as an option completely? 


Romans 13:14 says, “But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.” We all want to do wrong sometimes and get tempted to quit a lot more important things than a run, and we can either prepare for success or make “provision for the flesh” by deciding ahead of time if we’re going to (maybe) quit or (definitely) keep doing right no matter what. 


Whether it’s a job God put you in, a school class, your marriage, or a commitment to read your Bible or share your faith more, let’s decide now that quitting is not an option. 


Check out more encouragement on social media: 

TikTok        YouTube         Facebook       Instagram


Or click here to subscribe to daily encouragement by email.